Last updated March 2019.
Personal information is any information or an opinion about you that identifies you or through which your identity can be reasonably established. Examples of personal information include your name, signature, address, date of birth and any commentary or opinion about you.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves. Whose personal information we may collect
We may collect information including but not limited to personal information from:
- Tenants, potential tenants, employees of potential tenants, including their business associates and the business associates’ employees;
- Visitors to our website;
- Job applicants;
- Suppliers and their employees;
- People who elect to be on our mailing lists;
- Other people we may come into contact with.
What personal information we may collect
The personal information we may collect and hold may include:
- Your full name, work address, telephone number (including home, work and mobile), facsimile number and email address;
- Your occupation, job title and the name of your employer;
- Your age and gender.
How we collect personal information
While we will usually collect information directly from you, personal information may be collected in different ways, including:
- During face-to-face meetings, interviews or telephone conversations;
- From documentation provided to us, including business cards;
- Our website;
- Emails and written correspondence that you send us;
- Our mailing lists;
- From publicly available sources.
Use of your personal information
We only collect personal information that is necessary for us to deal with your requests, to provide our products and services, to develop and promote our products and services, and to assist us with complying with our legal and regulatory obligations. This includes:
- Providing the services that you have requested from us, either directly or indirectly, or on behalf of your employer;
- Administering and managing those services including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- Communicating with you;
- Enabling third party providers to provide services such as legal advice, printing and amiling services, and information technology;
- Researching, developing and enhancing our goods and services;
- Conducting market research;
- Maintaining and developing our business systems;
- Complying with our legal obligations;
- Maintaining and updating our records.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing and promotional material from us, please let us know.
As well as using your personal information for the primary purposes for which you provided it to us, we may also use the information for related secondary purposes, although we will endeavour to contact you for your express consent should the secondary purpose be one which we consider you may not reasonably expect. Examples of related secondary purposes include:
- Insurance purposes;
- Exchanging information with a subsidiary entity and our agencies;
- Quality assurance purposes; and
- Other related purposes.
Sharing of your personal information
We may occasionally provide other organisations with our personal information, including but not limited to:
- Contractors and outsourced service providers who assist us in providing our goods and services;
- Our professional advisers;
- Government and regulatory authorities and other similar organisations, as required or authorised by law.
These organisations will be permitted to obtain only the personal information required to deliver the relevant service or to comply with the relevant law.
Security of your personal information
We are committed to protecting your personal information from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure, and will take reasonable steps to do so.
Where we engage a third party service provider, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that appropriate data handling and security arrangements are in place.
Storage of personal information
Any personal information which we store electronically will be stored on secure servers located in Australia or overseas (including the United States of America).
We may use your personal information to provide you with selected information about our goods and services in email communications, including email newsletters which we may send out periodically.
You may “opt out” of receiving emails from us, by clicking “unsubscribe” in the footer of an email you have received from us.
Accessing and amending your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to access or request that a correction be made to your personal information, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. We reserve the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your personal information on a per request basis.
Disposal and destruction of your personal information
If we no longer need or are no longer required to hold your personal information, we may destroy or permanently de-identify that information, without further notice to you.
Complaints and contacting us
Phone: (+61) 7 3248 8000
Mail: The Privacy Officer, McConaghy Group, GPO Box 5265, Brisbane QLD 4001
We will do our best to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible, and in any event aim to respond to you within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you can refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner as follows:
Post GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Call 1300 363 992
Fax 02 9284 9666
Use of our website
In addition to the above provisions, the following provisions will apply to your use of our website at http://mcconaghygroup.com/.
We will also collect electronic personal information about your use of our website each time you visit it. The kinds of electronic personal information we collect may include:
- The date and time of visits;
- Which pages are viewed;
- How users navigate through the site and interact with pages (including fields completed in forms, applications completed, search items entered);
- Location information about users;
- Information about the device used to visit our website;
- Browser type, version and language;
- Operating system;
- Internet provider details;
- Referring URLs (universal locators);
- IP addresses.
This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalized content to you while you are at this Site.
There are many aspects of the site which can be viewed without providing personal information, however, for access to our future customer support features you may be required to submit personally identifiable information, for example a unique username and password, or providing personal information in the recovery of your lost password.
When you visit our website, we may utilise cookies (i.e. software code placed on your web browser) to recognise and identify your computer. These cookies are anonymous and do not hold information about you or reveal your personal identity.
We utilise cookies to monitor your use of our website for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic and trends, and to deliver personalised content to you while you are browsing our website.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies. If you prefer not to receive cookies, you may configure your internet browser to reject them. However, refusing to accept cookies may limit the functionality of our website and affect your overall experience whilst visiting our website.